Monday, April 6, 2009

Update...

Well I just wanted to update everyone on is happening here. The boys are out of school starting today until the 15th. So we are getting ready for Easter and colored some Easter eggs todays. This was fun for about 5 minutes and then they were bored. Tomorrow will be out and about to the farmyard to feed some animals and have some lunch.. don't think I took my camera last time so I will take some pics and post this week. We are also headed out on a short trip to St Francis Bay at the end of the week. It should be alot of fun... we drove thru the area awhile ago and it is beautiful. Lots of houses along some canals that lead to the river and out to the ocean. We are staying at a house on the canal. It should be a good few days. Then back for Easter Sunday and then we will be going to a cricket game on Monday.

Friday we went to the McCarty's for an adult Easter party.. it was fun! Lots of good food and great people! Other than that it was a quiet weekend. The official Ironman Triathalon was run this Sunday. It was hot!

So a few weeks ago I went to this African store with some friends.. they sell all things that are made here is SA as well as some neighboring countries. All handmade and so cool! I got lots of stuff but my two favorites are the wooden carved giraffes I got ... check out the pics!


They are taller than the boys.. and I paid less than 200 for both! All handcarved out of one piece of wood and painted. GORGEOUS! There are many more things.. I will take some more pics and post them.

And this weekend we got a new gardener.. check out his outfit! A little flashy but he is comfortable working in it!


I am sure one day he will beg me not to show this to anyone!!!

I guess that is it for now... here are some photos of the Easter egg fun! I will post more this week and weekend!




1 comment:

Amy said...

Those giraffes are amazing!

And I love the picture of Evan -- great picture for his senior yearbook :)